My Week in Pictures #2 | Student Meals Edition

Alright, so I am (finally) back with another Week in Pictures. Yes, this is the food edition, but it is only my meals for the week. Aaand, by the week, I mean the college week. Aaaand, by that I mean mainly Monday-Thursday because I have a super busy day on Fridays, and I rarely have enough food left to constitute a meal. SO, with that said and done, welcome to my week in meals.

I didn't realise until I started to make this blog post and photograph all of my meals that I eat a lot of the same thing over and over. I think I will do this kind of post again, but try and switch it up a bit. I like to research new meals and recipes quite a bit, but I have not done so in so long, I obviously just do the same thing most of the time now!

Also, before you go any further, yes I am a vegetarian, therefore my whole week will consist of vegetarian meals. Do not bother read any further if you are going to criticize or feel like I could have just put chicken in that, or a burger on that. Don't waste mine or your time. Deal? Deal. 

Alright, let's start off with the weekly shop, which is done on a Sunday. This particular weekend I was in Maynooth all weekend, so I got my shopping done nice and early on Sunday, and most of what I wanted to buy was still on the shelves. Take a look at my receipt. The whole thing came to less than 22 quid! Aldi is a true god-send as a student! 




Remember, I am just one gal, this food will surely do me the whole week! The amount of it! 


Something I also want to point out is the fact that I purchased a couple of things that I would not get every week. The granola and the pasta are once every 2/3 weeks kinda purchases. These once in a while bits, and even some once-off bits like salt, pepper, herbs, etc., are the kind of thing that you sometimes need to take into account. 


Monday


Breakfast

Mornings are always pretty similar. A handful of bran flakes, a fist-full of protein granola, about a tablespoon of chia seeds, and a lashing of unsweetened almond milk. I had a small bit of orange juice left over from the week before, so I mixed the cranberry with it for a morning cocktail to kick-start my day!

Lunch

Lunch time often brings a salad consisting of lettuce, spinach, scallions, cooked beetroot, cucumber, pickles, a mix of vegan mayo and chilli sauce as dressing. 

Dinner

Dinner also consisted of some already-there ingredients. I fancied some pasta, and I had a small amount of fresh pesto left over from the week before, so I got cooking! I gave the pasta a coating in what was left of the pesto, chopped up some spinach and threw it into the mix, raw. The other bowl holds a mix of broccoli, mangetout and mushrooms lightly boiled, leaving their crunchy and plump textures. A match made in heaven!


Tuesday

Breakfast

Breakie does not break the norm much on Tuesday. The same cereal mix features next to a slice of toast topped with crunchy peanut-butter (one of those once-in-a-while purchases), and chia seeds. Those tiny seeds are bloody brilliant for protein as a veggie! A glass of juice, a cuppa jo, and a nectarine for the road. Well balanced breakfast some might say. It was a good morning!




Lunch

Lunch was simplistic enough. Rice cakes, hummus and falafel are staples in my veggie diet. I don't quite know where I would be without chickpeas! Pickles are a close second though. 


Dinner

A wee disclaimer, I bought the red thai curry paste before I realised that it was not veggie friendly, because it contained fish sauce. BUT anyway. This baby got a lot of veggie love with some cannelinni beans, brown rice, finished with scallions and chia seeds. Chia mad, I know! (I also know I cannot have more than 18grams a day, which is the equivalent of 2 tbsp).


Wednesday

Breakfast

Wednesday is my earliest start, so PB on toast, with a little extra salt to satisfy my ridiculous salt addiction. Quick, easy and super YUM! As a veggie, I don't get as much sodium as one would normally from meat, so a little extra salt here and there is a-okay! Also, this is Himalayan pink mineral salt! 



Lunch

All I know is I was hun-gry come lunch time, and I ate whatever accompanied this bowl of soup REAL quick, and I didn't photograph it! This mushroom soup from Aldi is beaut with a bit of salt and a spoon of parsley. I only use half of the tub as I normally eat something else along with it. I mean, the tub says it holds two servings, but we all know that little bowl of soup ain't lasting nobody through lectures! 



Dinner

Because I used almost a full can of coconut milk to make Tuesday's curry, I had another portion left over. I had so much I didn't bother with rice. Along with the scallion and chia topping, I included some chopped-up, uncooked spinach leaves for that extra punch of iron. 



Thursday

Breakfast

I was clearly too hungry to wait for this picture either! All the same stuff as usual!





Lunch

The rest of the soup came into play today, this time, with a salad sandwich. I would put hummus, beetroot, spinach, scallion, pickle and whatever else I can fit onto it. I toast the bread before I make it into a sambo too, giving it another texture! It is so fresh and tasty, it is the perfect partner for my homely soup.


Dinner

This one was a bold one, and not planned whatsoever. I ended up spending hours in the library this night. I didn't fancy trekking back to the apartment for food when I knew I wanted to continue working, so I did what any reasonable human would do. I ordered food to the library. Nasai Goreng from a local Thai place to be specific. Oh boiz was it GOOD, but they didn't include a fork so I had to McGyver the crap out of that. 


Friday

Breakfast 

Same as always, no picture this time (I don't even know why)!

Lunch

I made some rice cake sandwiches with some beetroot falafel, pickles, hummus and a dot of chilli sauce! Just a quick lunch, with whatever was left in the fridge, and I was on my way to the rest of my busy Friday, heading home after my classes finish up at about 5.30. Grim. I know.



SO, that concludes my week in meals! Was this a terrible blogpost idea? Was this interesting? Was this dull as hell? Let me know in the comments or on any of my social media accounts. Do you guys like to see my week in pictures? Is there another theme you would like me to explore? Or, just a more general overview like a did before (here)?

If you like content on vegetarianism, check out this post on my life as a veggie student.

Thank you so much for reading!
Lots of love
xoxo










Comments







  1. A beautiful smile is more than a luxury. It is a calling card of class. When you have one, it’s an instant upgrade. Best Teeth Whitening Kit can help you attain this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice post.<a href="eastmalvernmassagegroup.com.au>Remedial massage Melbourne</a> Icertainly love this website, keep on it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts