Creating a Bucket List | My Inspirations and Idols

At the weekend I spent some time with my girlfriend Sam making bucket lists, which actually turned out to be a more difficult pursuit than we expected. I thought I would immediately have a long list of things I wanted to do before I died, but it took some thought.

We started with some of the old reliables, like wanting to skydive, as I have put on my New Year's resolution list for the past three, four... five years now! 
One day, one day I will pummel through the sky! 

Then we began considering where we wanted to go, what we wanted to see, like the Grand Canyon, the Hollywood Sign, etc. etc. I personally really want to live in multiple places throughout my life, I don't just want to see different things and parts of the world, I want to live and experience them wholeheartedly for months or years at a time. 

As a student, sometimes it can hard to see past college, as it is all you do, all you see every day, and its how you occupy a large chunk of your time, all of the time. I have been in an educational institution for about 15 years of my life, if not more at this stage. It can be hard to imagine the world that exists outside of that realm...and then again, it can be all I think about...getting the hell out of this place!

Our next category of thought was people. People we would love to meet, see in person, see in concert, and so on. This got me thinking about all of the people who have inspired me throughout my short life thus far. I actually wrote about this a lot when I started this blog first, my first two blog posts were about artists that I admired, Andy Warhol and Cristina Otero, check out those links for the original blog posts.

Andy inspired me creatively because of his revolutionary standpoint and effect on the world over. His incredible impact on the world and the visual communications of the world today are undeniable. He truly made our visual culture what it is today. 

He even inspired my first ever OOTD photoshoot! 


Cristina on the other hand is a very skilled photographer and artist, both conceptually and in her execution. Her work is solely self-portraiture, and it is simply stunning. 

Moving onto more present-day inspirations are those people who have inspired by online endeavors like my blog and my YouTube. I wrote a large piece for college about how Leanne Woodfull has been a massive inspiration to me for years now, and she was even the person who made me want to start a blog. She has continued to inspire my political and ethical standpoints to this day, for example, with Irish women's rights movements and cruelty free cosmetics.

Not to mention, my first OOTD shoot was partially inspired by Leanne too!


As people that inspire me, and people I may want to meet, Andy is sadly passed, and Cristina doesn't speak english...but I have been lucky enough to have met and spoken to Leanne a couple of times now, and it has been a pleasure. I did fangirl the first time, but the second time I really just remembered that we are all just humans, and she treated me just the same

They tell you to never meet your idols, but you just have to remember, they're only human. 

This is a bit of an arbitrary post to make, I know, but I wanted to share with you some of my musings this January, as it is the month of resolutions and goals and list-making. I have some new goals that I will be pursuing over on my Instagram, related to this topic, this year. I will be doing a "shout-out Sunday" of sorts over there, sharing with you my favourite instagrammers and bloggers and YouTubers of that week, sharing the love, but also sharing some inspiration with you all. It also shows a little piece of me, showing you all what excites me and inspires me to do what I do. 

So this short little post was just a wee introduction to the new things that will be happening over on Instagram, and my musings and inspirations. 

I hope you enjoyed this post, and I want to wish you all a very Happy New Year my loves! 

Thank you for reading!
Lots of love
xoxo








Photos: SZYMKA
ArtWork: Sam McGarry Illustration

Follow my social media! Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | YouTube




Instagram

Comments

  1. Open the folded triangle and turn it to look like a diamond.
    Bring together the innermost cut lines on each side of the center and tape together the points to form a tube shape.Flip over the diamond.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG9kk1MZ5xY

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts