Vintage Clothing | How I have Incorporated it into my Wardrobe

How many of you love to wander around vintage shops, and even to try on vintage clothes, and maybe even buy vintage clothing, but never end up wearing them..because how the hell do you incorporate it into your wardrobe without transporting your wardrobe back into the dark ages!? I feel you! I feel your heartbreak. So much vintage clothing is gorgeous, and so much fun! It always adds a little edge, once you know how to style it. 

I have been slowly building my vintage collection, and introducing it into my every day style for a while now, and I'm here to show you a few outfits that I have put together. I am by no means an expert, and I am fully aware that these pieces are not off the wall, or incredibly difficult to wear, but I did say I'm just starting to bring it into my wardrobe! 

Hope you enjoy this post, I will include details under the images.


These dungarees are from TopShop's vintage collection. As far as I know, the material is what is vintage about this piece. As in, they used the vintage material to create the garment, as there were multiple sizes available. 


I was actually really surprised by the price, as it was so reasonable. Something like 25/35 quid! I had to laugh, as vintage is normally more expensive than high street, but TopShop's own collection was more expensive than the vintage stuff! You'd never get a pair of dungarees in TopShop for 30 quid!

Choker (belt buckle & bandanna style) - Pack from Stradivarius | Net tee - H&M 

I have gotten so much wear out of this piece, as anyone who knows me knows! In college I wore it at least once a week. Such a solid staple piece. It finishes with a mid-calf culotte leg. You could wear it with tights to layer in winter, or with your hair-clad legs for a feminist protest! 

Star Boots - Schuh | Dungarees - Loving Youth/TopShop | Design Socks - Penneys | Graphic Tee - Etsy | Tote Bag - Powells Book Store | Jewelry - Misc. (Pilgrim/Vintage/ROSA/Forever 21, etc.)


I almost religiously wear this trio - my REPEAL band, my pilgrim skull, and my volcanic rock bracelet my parents brought back from Mount Vesuvius.  


I always love to wear a mix of rings and something simple around my neck. I like to add on my black onyx to my necklaces, especially for those feminist protests, to soak up any of the bad vibes around!

Floral Skirt - Vintage/Nine Crows | Converse | Tote Bag - Nine Crows | Blue Biker - Zara | Grey 3/4 sleeve - H&M | Jewelry - Misc.


This floral beauty falls just over my knee, and again is perfect with tights or not, and I like to keep it colourful and throw on the blue biker with it! 


I picked up this beaded choker in a market years ago, and I think this, paired with the tie-up sleeves, and the skirt, creates a nice balanced look. It's not all floral and pretty, I have kept my grungier undertones alive with the details. 



Green Boots - Doc Martens | Western Belt - Fossil 1997 | Tassel Handbag - River Island | Choker - New Look | Biker Jacket - Friendtex | Iridescent Shirt - Vintage/Nine Crows | Velvet Sleeveless Top - Vinatge/Nine Crows | Jeans - Golddigga | Rings - Misc.


This is admittedly my go-to belt, I rarely wear another. As are these jeans, I think I have four pairs! €19 for a pair, no brainer! 


This is another frequently worn outfit, as these two vintage pieces go seamlessly together. The back of the shirt buttons down also, so I like to leave that open, allowing the velvet to come through. These docs are just a dream too, arent they??



I have to say, this look is probably the most 'me' out of them all. It keeps with the cool, caj, grungy look. Throw a big biker over anything and you'll look badass. I love this selection of rings too, I love wearing my rose quartz, keeping me level headed for the day! 


This next vintage piece I have surely worn to death already, but I'm not done yet!

Pleated skirt - Vintage (shop in Portland) | Boots - TK Maxx | Saddle Bag - Heatons | Grey Pom - New Look | Hat - Vintage/Lucy's Lounge | Levi Denim Jacket - Charity shop | Two-tone Stripe turtle neck - Define | Coin necklace - Penneys | Rings - Misc.


I added the pom to the bag because I thought it livened up the simple design! It's a good match to most outfits.


I surprised myself with the clashing patterns, as I would normally try and stay away from doubling up patterns in an outfit, but I think it works! The stripe is very fine, and tones well with the paisley printed skirt. This is a much more casual outfit, as the jacket is very over-sized. It's pretty 'cutsie' with the bolar hat, and can be paired with knee-highs or tights!



This is just another selection of rings, from high-street, to vintage shops in Nottingham, from my trip last year, keeping my rose quartz close to hand! The penneys necklace was actually featured on the blog as one of my first posts ever on here, as a small haul! Check that out if you're interested!



My political agenda and strong beliefs seem to ring true in my fashion, with a few badges to beat the band! I wear my heart on my sleeve, and more often than not, my political agenda across my chest! I haven't taken these badges off since the referendum, and I have no plans to move them anytime soon!

Do you like to wear vintage clothing?

Thanks so much for reading!
Lots of love 
xoxo



Comments

Popular Posts