Lush Products | Love em - Hate em


Okay so this post is not gonna be all about how much I love Lush. I do really like Lush, but I don't love all of their products! 

Mask of Magnaminty

This face mask is my go-to. To be honest, I don't think I use many others since I found it.

This self-preserving formula is enriched with peppermint, which wakes up your skin, whilst the other ingredients combat your outbreaks. When washing it off, it acts as an added exfoliator as you scrub off the residue. This mask leaves my skin really soft and clean feeling, and when I use it regularly it really keeps my breakouts at bay. 

10/10 would highly recommend. 

Cup O' Coffee

I went to Lush to pick up a tub of Mask of Magnaminty but they were all out. One of the girls recommended I use Cup O' Coffee instead. They told me it was the same thing, just coffee. Naturally, as I LOVE coffee, I thought this was going to be the best-thing-ever.

Sadly, I was wrong. 

This is also a self-preserving mask, but I feel like it doesn't do much as a 'mask'. The coffee grounds in the formula allow for fantastic exfoliation and does wake up your skin, much like the peppermint, but not as well. I don't know if this is because of my skin type, but I didn't find any benefit in leaving it on my face for the recommended allotted time. 

I really think this product is a good exfoliator but insufficient as a mask. I really wouldn't buy this again as Mask of Magnaminty does all of the above. I even met an ex-employee of Lush who believes the same, and was pretty outraged that someone told me Cup O' Coffee was much the same, as it really isn't. 

3/10 - would not recommend as a mask.
9/10 - would recommend as a scrub.

Bubblegum Lip Scrub

I actually received this as a gift, and although I have not used it a lot, when I do, I really love it. It tastes so sweet, and I always tell myself to use it more. I don't take care of my lips half as much as I do my skin - that's gotta change!

But at the same time, I have often made my own in a tub with aloe-vera and sugar, and it works just the same! 

So if you're like me and you like to make your own, I wouldn't actually bother buying this, but if you're lazy, its a fantastic product that polishes your pucker rightly!

6/10 - would recommend to the lazy!

Buffy 

This is one of my favourite products because when it comes to taking care of my skin (apart from my face), I get really lazy. I will use moisturizing shower creams, but I rarely make the hassle of moisturizing after a shower, or even exfoliating in the shower.
There's just so much surface area, and so much effort. 

But this little beauty has fair trade organic cocoa butter to soften you up, and ground almonds to get rid of the nasty dead skin cells that you don't want hanging around, all in one! I use this last in my shower routine, once or twice weekly, rubbing the bar over my body and further working it in with my hands and voila! Hop out of the shower and pat dry with a lovely fluffy towel and you feel so pampered

The smell is the only downfall, as its not my favourite, but it really isn't that bad! 

9.5/10 - would highly recommend to my lazy brothers and sisters (unless you think the smell is too                  funky)

Elbow Grease

This is a product I was excited to use on my tattoo when I got it first. I even bought this before getting the tattoo! But I was unfortunately disappointed.

Application is pretty simple and straightforward which is cool, but I felt it didn't have the intense moisture affect that I was looking for. I thought that maybe a fairly fresh tattoo just needed a bit more than that as they can be quite dry, but even on my elbows and knees it had little affect. 

It did indeed feel greasy, which to be honest was pretty gross. I think I am more of a body butter kinda gal, as this was not my favourite moisturizing product!

3/10 - would not recommend - unless you like to feel slippery...each to their own

Dragon Egg & Sakura Bath Bomb

So I want to talk about these at the same time because I found them both to be a little disappointing. When I tried Dragon Egg there was a huge hype around it and I was just unsatisfied to be honest. 

I tried Sakura off my own bat, because I love the flower and thought it would be a really sweet little bath bomb. But I wasn't too pleased with this one either!

Now I'm going to be very fair and say that I think that these bombs were just not for me. I say this because when I get a bath bomb I expect really intense colours and shimmers and all kinds of magic and relaxing scents, but these bombs just didn't give me the raz-mataz I was looking for. 

If you like subtle and sweet bombs, these are great! But I just don't. I need more intensity!

5/10 - would recommend for the gentle-hearted.


Alright! So that's my two cents on a few products I have tried. If you liked this post, let me know and I will do another on some more Lush products, as I love trying out new ones all of the time! And if you have any favourites or recommendations, (good or bad), let me know! I always love to hear from you all!

Whats your favourite and least favourite Lush product?

Thanks for reading
Lots of love xox


Comments

  1. which breaks down in the mouth to form hydrogen peroxide, or hydrogen peroxide itself. ... Bleaching is least effective when the original tooth color is grayish and may require custom bleaching trays. Bleaching is most effective with yellow discolored teeth.

    Teeth Bleaching
    Rajandental

    ReplyDelete
  2. Teeth whitening is a simple process. Whitening products contain one of two tooth bleaches (hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide). These bleaches break stains into smaller pieces, which makes the color less concentrated and your teeth brighter.

    Teeth Bleaching
    Rajandental

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts