Birthday Weekend | In Pictures

Remember those couple of days in May when we had a summer? I was lucky enough to be off work, and celebrating my 20th birthday with my gorgeous girlfriend! 

DAY ONE | BIRTHDAY 

I had finished college, I was off work, and I was celebrating, but I'm not the kinda girl to have a fancy meal out and sip on a wine that doesn't taste half as good as it should, considering its cost. I just wanted to enjoy myself, with some good vibes, good company, and yeah, good food helps. I had a mad craving for a Boojum, so that was birthday meal, and I loved every last bite! 



We spent the first half of the night in NoLita Dublin, on Georges Street. This is a relatively new, New York style bar that serves Italian eats. Being a student, it was a little pricey at €11 a pop for cocktails, but let me tell you, it was SO worth it! You 100% get what you pay for, and boy was it de-lish! 





I ordered a Muddled Fellow, a gorgeous gin cocktail, and Sam ordered a Twisted Mister. 10/10 would recommend. There is something for everyone, as they will happily make whatever cocktail you wish (within reason), to cater to your individual taste! If funds allowed, I would have spent the night there, but I will definitely return. 

Most people who know me, know that Cassidy's on Westmoreland Street in town is my favourite haunt in Dub at the mo', so I just had to finish my night there. It just has some really cool, chilled out vibes, great beer, and 9 times out of 10 it has banging music to kick back to. It's just the kind of spot you know you can relax and laugh with your mates, and just have a good time, in a fun atmosphere. Their provision of Swizzlers sweets, throwback Tayto crisps, like chipsticks, and board games, tops it off for me if I'm honest. It also helps that its 
              right across the street from my bus stop. 


DAY TWO | POST BIRTHDAY - PRE-ANNIVERSARY 

Bundling together our anniversary and my birthday, we spent day two like the kids we really are - playing crazy golf! This was originally a surprise from Sam, for me, but she ended up giving me an option: afternoon tea, or crazy golf. It was a no-brainer for me. I will always love crazy golf, forever!


We went to the crazy golf in Dundrum centre, and it was a bit mild. Truthfully, it was probably moreso aimed at kids, but I still really enjoyed myself!



I was so hungry by the time we got to Zizzi's that I didn't take any pictures of our food, or the place. I thought I was gonna pass out before I guzzled all of the pizza and pasta.
Crazy golf is a tiring pursuit, I'm telling ya! 

For real tho, Zizzis was a cool spot, with some really good gluten-free & veggie options, which made our experience that bit easier. They even have vegan options for those who love pizza, but hate the dairy industry, or those with allergies and intolerance. 


How did you spend your birthday this year? 


Thanks for reading!
Lots of love 
xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts