Barcelona Travel Diary | Day One

Welcome to my travel diary from my trip to Barcelona with my girlfriend Sam.

Stupid O'Clock

Our journey started at the brisk time of 2AM, when we woke up from our temporary slumber to get onto an airport bus. This bus journey was a long and anxious one. I am not the best traveler on buses to begin with, never mind at stupid o'clock! Clutching my snow quartz, and blasting my Spotify enabled my survival!
Longest. Bus. Journey. Ever.

Our 6:15AM flight landed in Barcelona 20 minutes ahead of schedule, which gave us plenty of time to buy some metro tickets and find our AirBnB. It's safe to say we were two cranky, hangry ladies, dying to nap for eternity, or to guzzle an entire pizza.
So we did both! 

Eats

We arrived at our apartment, shoved our luggage upstairs, and headed straight for some gluten-free pizza goodness, from Messie Sense Gluten. I don't know if my near starvation had anything to do with my opinion of the food, but it was the best god damn pizza I have ever eaten. That includes all of the GF and non-GF pizzas I have ever had (drooling thinking about it).

Sagrada Familia & Sleep

With a bit of life left in us, before we made it back to the apartment, we stopped off at La Sagrada Familia for a gawk. It was a sunny day, and it was a stop on our metro line so we said we would pop our heads up! We didn't take any pictures in our sleepy state, we just wanted to appreciate the beauty of the outstanding construction.

It was fascinating to see this build again after 7 years (I have been before), and see how much it has changed. The stark, bright, newly constructed build, connected to the now decaying original build, was beautiful. It was fascinating and mesmerizing. So fantastical, we thought it would be great to dream about...you guessed it
NAP TIME!

Living like a Local

Renting an AirBnB in the neighborhood of Clot really allowed us to feel like we were locals. With my knowledge of Castellano, understanding Catalan was a little easier when shopping for food in the markets etc. We stocked our fridge and wandered around the area with coffees from a nearby cafĂ©. 

The metro made navigating the city pretty simple, but on the streets, Google Maps ate up my data, and cost me a hefty 40 euro throughout the 4 days, as 3 network had no data roaming plan.
Fairly fuming tbh.

Planning

We sat in for the evening in our pjs and had some snacks, making a plan for the next few days. It's important to remember that when you go on holiday you're there to relax! So we really didn't mind kicking back for the evening in anticipation for the days to come. We spread out our map and our lists of tourist attractions, and set to making a plan for the next three days. 

Unpack and Relax

We moved our stuff into the bedroom and unpacked our belongings, falling into bed again.
This time, for the night. 
Passed-Out. 


Do you have a set routine on holidays?


Join me on my next blog post for Day Two!
Lots of love
xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts