YouTube & Blogging | My Struggle to Come to Terms with the Realities of it all

I had a very different blog post lined up for today, but this topic just seemed much more relevant to now. I am ridiculously excited about being on YouTube and being on my blog, but I seem to be getting too excited, and maybe even unrealistic. 

Balance is always something I have struggled with. 


"PERFECTION IS THE ENEMY TO PROGRESSION"

Balance is difficult for me, because I never do anything half-assed. I throw myself in, and do all I can. I would rarely do something if I didn't think I was going to put everything into it. This is a part of me that I love and hate all at the same time, because I feel its a type of perfectionism and perfection is the enemy to progression. I need to pull myself back and tell myself that it's okay not to be perfect, to make mistakes, to be slightly out of line. 
I am only human! 

"DREAMS DON'T COME TRUE OVERNIGHT"

Even with those thoughts in mind, I do tend to push myself, and tell myself that comfort is the enemy of achievement, of growth and any type of progress in life and life's pursuits. I want to rise and grind each day, and work for what I believe in, and start calling my dreams plans. Then I remind myself, dreams don't come true overnight. 

In order to be successful, I feel, consistency is key, and that does not mean you have to burn your butt everyday of the week and wear yourself out 24/7. I think you gotta do what you do, well, and keep it consistent. If we go hell for leather all at once, we will surely burn out in no time, and soon you will be taking sick-leave from your dream career and the whole life you have dreamt of building will come to a standstill because you couldn't pull together a bit of patience and perseverance, because you wanted it all at once.

"TAKING SICK-LEAVE FROM YOUR DREAM CAREER AND THE WHOLE LIFE YOU HAVE DREAMT OF BUILDING WILL COME TO A STANDSTILL"

THEN, I think again, and wonder...Am I standing in the way of my own success? Am I blocking my own path to achieving my goals, hopes, dreams and desires? 
Do I need to suck it up and just go for it?

This is all coming from me trying to plan out my last six weeks before I go back to college. I have been very typical me and planning like blogging and YouTube-ing is my full-time job, planning out two videos and two blogs to post a week, all the while wishing and wanting to upload daily vlogs and keep up my instagram and snapchat stories. 
Phew...that was a lot.

 It may not seem a lot to some of you, but a lot goes into videos and blog posts, especially editing videos for me as I am SO new to the game it takes me foreverrrr. Blogposts I have become way more accustomed to, over the years. 

Another issue which is always cropping up, is that I love to throw myself in like this, and then when it comes to college time, I drop out of the habit completely. I am trying to make sure this doesn't happen this time around. I want to upkeep my presence online throughout my final year in college, as some of you will know from my first YouTube video (click here). 

Something that I think is worth mentioning, is that the sheer amount of time that goes into social media is immense. Every time I post something new to my blog/YouTube, I have to share it all over my social media.

 You've got Instagram stories, Instagram post, Snapchat story, with swipe up link, Facebook post on page, on personal, Twitter post, and let's not forget hashtags and peak times. 

Peak times are such a load of BS with this non-chronological algorithm that is fucking with everyone's content. May as well forget about it. Yet when it comes to hashtags you have to get creative, and know what people search and use, and what will make your posts stand out enough to those who do search the hashtag, it is TIRING
But I do love it. 

I know I seem to be so conflicted, but I just wanted to highlight the struggle behind the scenes. So many people see online influencers/bloggers/vloggers, etc. and think that they have life easy, that they get paid to post a photo. I want to highlight that there is so much more to it, that there is so much work into having a consistent and impressive online presence. Heck, I'm struggling and I'm not even doing it that well! 

Life is a bunch of
 film | photograph | compile | export | edit | overlay | edit | post | delete | edit | post | tag | share | share | share | hashtag | hashtag | hashtag | repeat

Then you gotta work full-time/part-time to actually get money in to pay bills, because all of your hard work doesn't actually get you anywhere yet. Or maybe you're a student like me, who has given up their job to pursue their online presence, and is pulling strings together to make it work. 

"NO 'OVERNIGHT SUCCESS' HASN'T ALREADY BEEN YEARS IN THE MAKING"
Stay Humble.

Are you a blogger/vlogger/online persona? How do you find juggling it all?

 Thank you for reading!
Lots of love
xoxo










Don't forget to check out my social media:

Comments

Popular Posts