Barcelona Travel Diary | Interval

This is a bit of an interval in-between my Travel Diary Day Two and Day Three. It's a post reminiscent of Kylie Jenner's 2016 motto of 'Like, realizing things'. 
Enjoy!

Night Two - Early Morning Three

I want to include this in my travel diary, as myself and Sam ended up having a very meaningful conversation late into the night. It really set the tone for the rest of our trip. Actually, for the next year or two, maybe even life. I like to keep my blog personal, honest, and true. If you're not interested in my life's motivations and inspirations, I understand if you wanna skip to the next post! 

For those of you who wanna stick around, here goes!

Sam is at the beginning stages of her budding illustration career and is launching herself into the industry to start her professional career. I am very keen on extending my blog and content even more and really giving it my all, in the hopes that it may someday lead to a career path (I'm having fun for now, and seeing where it takes me, in other words). We are both in very exciting and compelling positions in life at the minute, and every day breathes a new opportunity

This life that we are leading is one that we both encourage and motivate each other in, in our individual pursuits. As a result of seeing one another thrive, we are motivated even more by each other's happiness. I should have put a cheese warning at the start of this section, shouldn't I? 

Well anyway, we both felt like our heads just weren't in it, the holiday that is. Crazy right? Who doesn't want to be on their holiers? It all felt a bit surreal as we slowly realized that our life at home in Ireland, where we are both on the cusp of some very creative and exciting endeavors, was more compelling that being on holidays in one of the most beautiful cities in Spain.

Ya wah?

 I know! We couldn't believe it either. It really isn't work when you love what you do! 

Upon this realization, we told ourselves to buck up, and make the most of our trip, because once we returned to Ireland, we could get stuck in, head first into what we love, our jobs (in the making). 

Not only were we reminiscent of all of our plans and projects ongoing that we put on pause for holidays, but we had a bit of an revolutionary moment for ourselves (as if the one above wasn't enough!?), about life more generally. I believe that most people really want to be their best selves, and show themselves and the world around them, that they can be a really great human. And yeah! Sam and I wanna be great humans, of course we do. 

I have always tried to make a conscious effort to be a better human. Practice better skincare, eat better, meal plan, make time for 'me-time', meditate, work hard, be productive, be social, etc. etc. But all of that seems so goddamn difficult to keep up all at once. But your heads need to be in it. 
Getcha head in the game! (Thanks Troy)

What I'm saying here is, we all wanna live our best life, but the only way we are really gonna do that is if you take a step back, realise what you really want in life, and then, go get 'em! Do what ya gotta do, you do you.

Fake it til you make it baby, cuz you're in it for the long haul, and you're just getting started! 


Have you ever had a midnight epiphany?

Thanks so much for reading
Join on my next post, for more travel diary entries!

Lots of love 
xoxo


Comments

Popular Posts