Why I Travel | Nottingham

SO, I recently went to Nottingham for a day. I went Wednesday night and returned Thursday night. So many people said to me in college on Friday, 'you're back already?!'

My impromtu visit to Nottingham came about thanks to Ryanair's €2 seat sale. With my brother living there currently, and no college on Thursdays, the trip was a no-brainer!

Many people have told me how they would not have made the effort, faced it alone, spent the day in a city they don't know etc. But that is precisely what I went to Nottingham for, something NEW! I have such a draw to cities and to wandering and exploring new places.

My day in Nottingham was nothing spectacular, I describe it to others like a day in the Big Shmoke..but not Dublin, just somewhere new!




I had not been away since June, and I know that for many people, travel is not a regular occurrence, but I am trying to make it a more and more regular thing for myself. I adore travelling. The airport has always been a place of excitement for me, ever since I was a child. The actual travel itself, getting up early for a bus to get a plane and then to find your accommodation..well, it can be draining. But there is always pent-up excitement and anticipation for the trip at whole.

I don't document my travels enough on my blog.  I will in time as I have plenty of pictures from Berlin, Budapest and soon, Barcelona. My girlfriend and I's travels seem to be allocated by the letter B! But we cannot wait to get there and take it for all its worth!

Going to Nottingham was no question. I didn't do anything spectacular but I still enjoyed myself. I was in the city nice and early before most of the shops opened and I got some breakfast in Bill's before exploring the vintage haven of the city, Hockley, and all else it had to offer. I then made a move to Nottingham Contemporary, where there was a couple of exhibitions, one of which was GORGEOUS! I hope they travel over seas.

 



On my way to a vegan/veggie café, I stumbled across Jamie Oliver's Italian! I have always wanted to go to one and the service and decor was fantastic. The food was a little bit of a let down, as it was very basic. But Jamie is kind of like that, basic but GOOD food. I just got Pasta Arribiata, but the sauce was yummy. A good experience over-all. I proceeded to do some more wandering until I met my brother for dinner.

My phone died with all of my Google mapping, so I charged up in a bar called the Rum House where Sean met me and he took me around his favorite parts of the city. We went for dinner in Pitcher and Piano. This place was amazing. It was an old church converted into a bar/restaurant. The whole place looked mesmerizing and the atmosphere was phenomenal. Yet at the same time we were very comfortable and really enjoyed our meal with a drink.



That's another thing, I found a new lager I like, Red Stripe. It's a Jamaican beer, which was so vaguely familiar, yet I can't quite put my finger on where I know it from. It's a new found favorite that will probably be very difficult to find here. But this short trip introduced me to a lot. This is what travel is all about! And I loved every second.





What takes you travelling? Sun? Shopping? Adventure? 

You can follow my adventures on:
Snapchat: tails_nick
Instagram: nick.snowflake

Thanks for reading xox



Comments

Popular Posts